Taking history into the future: owned and operated by the same family since 1908. Grand, but friendly and relaxed - peaceful, family-oriented, intimate.
Splendid views of gleaming lakes and impressive mountains: the Waldhaus Sils sits above peaceful Sils Maria like a fairy-tale castle. Family owned and managed for five generations, it still radiates the grandeur of an earlier age. An architectural landmark with a proud history, five-star ranking, 140 rooms, 230 beds and a staff of 145, this is the very idea of a grand hotel. The Waldhaus is grand, but also playful and relaxed! Vibrantly alive and comfortably old-fashioned behind the imposing facade; determined by the diverse people and generations who have relaxed and worked here.
- Claudio Dietrich & Patrick Dietrich
- Hotel type
- Cultural events, families, seminars, banquets, view, mountains, landscape, open in summer and winter
- Hotel facilities
- 140 rooms, indoor pool, sauna, fitness room, free WLAN, in-house trio, children's club, terrace amid the larch forest (in summer), à la carte restaurant, lounge, bar, smokers lounge, library, small hotel museum, shuttle bus to the cable cars, free ride on all the Upper Engadine cable cars and even the motorboat on Lake Sils in summer and free travel by bus throughout the region, even as far as Soglio and over the Italian border to Chiavenna (summer and winter).
- Hotel classification
- Historic hotel of the year 2005
- Price range
- > CHF 200 / EUR 192
- June to October and December to April