Hotel Ofenhorn

  • Hotel Ofenhorn, Binn
    Hotel Ofenhorn
  • Hotel Ofenhorn, Binn
    Hotel Ofenhorn
  • Hotel Ofenhorn, Binn
    Hotel Ofenhorn
  • Hotel Ofenhorn, Binn
    Hotel Ofenhorn
  • Hotel Ofenhorn, Binn
    Hotel Ofenhorn
  • Hotel Ofenhorn, Binn
    Hotel Ofenhorn
Réservez en ligne
Detailkarte einblenden

Hôtel de montagne historique, entouré d'une flore et d'une faune exceptionnelles. Situé dans le parc naturel du Binnntal, un vallon idyllique réputé pour ses minéraux à la frontière à la frontière avec l'Italie. Anciens itinéraires empruntés par les contrebandiers pour franchir les cols.

Etablissement de grande tradition, l'Hôtel Ofenhorn est l'endroit idéal pour effectuer un voyage dans le temps. Il se trouve dans le Binntal, un vallon à la fois préservé et romantique. L’esprit de la Belle Epoque y est encore bien présent aujourd'hui. Cela aussi bien dans les chambres, que dans les couloirs et la salle à manger. Quant au sol qui crépite, il semble murmurer des secrets enfouis depuis le temps des pionniers de l'hôtellerie. La cuisine de l'hôtel propose d'excellents produits régionaux ainsi que bien d'autres mets de qualité. L'Hôtel Ofenhorn constitue par ailleurs un point de départ idéal pour de magnifiques excursions dans le Binntal, un parc naturel réputé pour abriter de nombreux trésors.

Histoire Hotel Ofenhorn

Histoire depuis 1883

Four years after the Ofenhorn mountain was conquered for the first time in 1864, the Binn Valley was included in Karl Baedeker’s travel guide – although visitors still had to lodge at the vicar’s. In 1881, Josef Schmid from Ernen and two kindred spirits began building a new hotel. After it opened in 1883, Schmid’s wife managed the hotel. Under her guidance the Ofenhorn flourished splendidly in its first years; the Belle Époque was fertile ground for most tourist enterprises. In 1897, an annex was already added on the north side. In 1923, electric lights were installed. During World War II the hotel served as military housing; after that, it was completely renovated. The Walliser Stube on the ground floor dates from that time. In the 1960s central heating was installed so the hotel could stay open in winter. After three generations, the Schmid family left the hotel in 1968. The hotel was then closed for three years until Pro Unter- und Mittelgoms Ltd reopened it. After a series of new difficulties, the village decided to take on responsibility for the hotel in 1985. The Pro Binn­tal Cooperative, founded two years later, has managed the hotel with the help of lessees since that time. Following renovation of the outside façades in the 1990s, the Cooperative boldly decided to completely renovate the hotel with the support of the office for preservation of historic buildings and monuments in 2007. In several stages all of the public rooms on the main floor and a number of guest rooms were ­carefully renovated in line with historic standards. The original wall decorations were restored in the entrance area, while the dining room and a number of guest rooms were also refurbished in line with historic plans, and the rooms were wallpapered based on old samples. In 2013, the Icomos jury recognized this careful work by giving the hotel an award for its skillful search for traces of the past in an important Alpine hotel and for the ongoing restoration of the premises. The hotel has been a member of Swiss Historic Hotels since 2008. (RF)

Regula Hüppi
  • Hôte
  • Regula Hüppi
  • Type d'Hôtel
  • Hôtel de montagne, paradis des minéraux
  • Équipements de l'hôtel
  • 30 chambres, une grande salle à manger restaurée, carnotzet valaisan, jardin à disposition de la clientèle sous un ancien sorbier des oiseaux, place de jeux pour les enfants
  • Classification
  • Distinction décernée par ICOMOS
  • Prix spécial 2013
  • Catégorie des Prix
  • CHF 100–200 / EUR 96–192
  • Horaires d'ouverture
  • Mi-mai à début novembre, Noël/Nouvel An
Tous les hôtels