Grandhotel Giessbach

  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Grandhotel Giessbach
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Grandhotel Giessbach
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Bankett
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Restaurant Park
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Restaurant Park
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Terrasse Abend
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Zimmer
  • Grandhotel Giessbach, Brienz
    Zimmer
Prenotazione online
Visualizza Mappa

Una sontuosa residenza in un ambiente magnifico: il leggendario Granhotel unisce lo charme della Belle Époque con il comfort più moderno.

La cucina del ristorante del parco, lato cascata, è esclusive quanto il panorama. Le sale per banchetti di buon gusto e le sale per conferenze tranquille, il giardino e il parco di 22 ettari e la piscina naturale completano l’offerta. La cascata, le montagne e il lago sembrano a portata di mano, l’imbarcadero privato e una funicolare promettono fin dall’arrivo un soggiorno dal fascino di un tempo. L’edificio e i mobili sono stati rinnovati con grandi spese e l'attrattiva della Belle Époque si percepisce dovunque in questo monumento dell’arte alberghiera. L’hotel storico dispone di 70 camere romantiche e un ristorante con una grande terrazza.

Storia dal Grandhotel Giessbach

Storia dal 1837

Thanks to Brienz teacher Johannes Kehrli, the Giessbach Falls were already well-known in 1800. At that time, many visitors were rowed across the lake to the waterfalls by the famous Brienz women rowers. The waterfalls were lit in the evening starting in 1840, and in 1857, the first hotel was opened. Giessbach flourished starting in 1870, when the hotel was purchased by the well-known Hauser hotelier family. In line with architect Horace Edouard Davinet’s (1839–1922) plans, a grand hotel with its own gasworks, a large laundry, several baths, a number of bathrooms and a covered walkway in ‘foresto-rustico’ style was built on an artificial terrace. To make it more accessible, the Hauser brothers built their own funicular from the boat landing to the hotel in 1879. In 1883, a fire changed the look of the hotel. Instead of the 1875 cupolas, the turrets were topped with slim ‘Prussian helmets’ and façade decorations in the Swiss chalet style were added. When the hotel reopened in July 1884, the first electric lights came on at the new Giessbach. Following several changes in owners during the 20th century, the hotel closed its doors in 1979, and was supposed to make room for a modern chalet apartment house. A working group led by Rudolf von Fischer, head of the Bernese Burgerrat, worked to save the traditional hotel with its unique park. At the last minute they managed to interest well-known environmentalist Franz Weber. He set up the Giessbach dem Schweizervolk foundation and in an unparalleled campaign raised the necessary three million francs to save the hotel. In 1983, the foundation acquired the Giessbach property, and a year later they were able to celebrate the reopening of the hotel, which was restored with the help of the office for preservation of historic buildings. Since then, the funicular has also been renovated. As Switzerland’s oldest funicular, it is still largely in its original condition. In 2004, Icomos named the Grandhotel Giessbach Historic Hotel of the Year. That same year, the hotel became one of the founding members of Swiss Historic Hotels. (RF)

Mark von Weissenfluh
  • Conduzione
  • Mark von Weissenfluh
  • Categoria d’albergo
  • Romantik Hotel, lago, parco, banchetti, eventi, matrimoni, seminari, funicolare
  • Descrizione dell’albergo
  • 70 camere, ristorante gourmet, ristorante nel parco, bar, antica funicolare, 22 ettari di parco, sale per seminari, sale storiche per banchetti, Wi-Fi gratuito
  • Classificazione d’albergo
  • Certificato da ICOMOS
  • Hotel storico dell'anno 2004
  • Categoria di prezzo
  • CHF 100–200 / EUR 96–192
  • Apertura
  • Da aprile a ottobre
Elenco di tutti gli hotel